DDAC partner companies value and invest in their employees, as they are the foundation and backbone of their companies. Here's how you can get started:
The Recruiting Process
Our selection process is strict, as we look for the best candidates available to take on an amazing, life-changing, long-term opportunity. Recruitment for the class of 2027 is now underway, following the process below:
01 | We will be conducting visits to area high schools for information sessions to share more about the apprenticeship program and DDAC member companies.
02 | Visit open house events for any of the DDAC partner companies that interest you. Open house event dates will be announced in the coming weeks.
03 | Apply for an apprenticeship position at one or more of DDAC’s partner companies. The application window will open December 1st. Applications must be submitted by April 15th. You will be asked to submit the following documents:
• Letter of Interest – Please prepare a one-page document detailing why you are interested in this opportunity. The letter should include what you like about the mechanical and/or the electrical trade and why you want to be an apprentice.
• College Transcripts
- BMK Group (complete online application)
- CPM Wolverine Proctor (complete online application)
- EGGER Wood Products (complete online application)
- Ingersoll Rand (send email letter of interest to request application)
- Kurz (send email letter of interest to request application)
- Mohawk (complete online application)
- Cascade Die Casting Group (complete online application)
- Owens & Minor (complete online application)
04 | Follow the selection procedures of each individual company.
05 | If selected to move forward with a company, you will receive an invitation to a lab/benchtop session for skill assessment if applicable.
06 | Once assessments are completed, the best candidates will be selected to join a pre-apprenticeship placement that begins Summer 2023.
07 | Final placement for the 2- or 4-year apprenticeship programs is made after successful completion of the pre-apprenticeship program.